June 2018: Publishing Path
~ Megan Slayer ~
QUESTION: Which path did you take: Trad, Indie, or Hybrid? And what led you to that choice?
Megan Slayer said:
Hybrid. I never thought I’d be a hybrid author. I was determined to go Traditional or nothing, but then a couple of my pubs closed and it was crushing. I thought these were my places to be…and they’re gone. So some of my work I opted to self-publish. It’s been nice to have publishers still, but also nice to have print copies I’ve got control over in my hands. There’s nothing like holding your own book in your hands that you helped create. So, I’m still with publishers because I like the safety of being there, but I like having some control over my work, too.
One of the bad things about being a hybrid published author is the cost. When you’re with a publisher, they handle the costs. You write, do the edits and get the art, but they pay for it. With self-publishing, you have to foot the bill for that all. It’s a push to promote more to recoup what you put into the cost, but it’s not easy if you don’t have a lot of startup cash.
Still, I like being a little of both. Kind of reminds me of that old Osmonds song…
Embracing His Roar (Sanctuary, Book 11)
[Paranormal Gay Romance]
A bobcat who doesn’t think he belongs and a lion who believes he is unlovable…can they make a relationship work?
Avan has made his share of mistakes, but those are in the past. Moving forward means forgiving himself and having a life at the Sanctuary. He wants just one shifter—Oscar. The bobcat shifter soothes his soul and seems to see the best in Avan. But will he want to be with Avan, even after everything Avan’s done?
Oscar’s lusted after Avan since he first saw him. He doesn’t care what Avan’s done because he believes everyone deserves a second chance. But Oscar’s got a past, too. He’d never felt like he belongs, even at the Sanctuary. The one place he feels safe is with Avan.
The odds a bobcat and lion should be together are low, but the passion between them sizzles. Can they find common ground and embrace their roar or will their differences destroy the blossoming relationship?
Available in Ebook:
– Kindle – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZ3Z2MQ/
– Nook – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/embracing-his-roar-megan-slayer/1128628195?ean=2940162013747
– Kobo – https://www.kobo.com/ebook/embracing-his-roar
– iBooks – https://itunes.apple.com/book/embracing-his-roar/id1387695915
– Google – https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Megan_Slayer_Embracing_His_Roar?id=CCpaDwAAQBAJ
More Authors Dish about their debut novel inspiration.
– Read the authors of Day One: https://coffeetimeromance.com/CoffeeThoughts/ad2018-jun-pub-day1/
– Read the authors of Day Two: https://coffeetimeromance.com/CoffeeThoughts/ad2018-jun-pub-day2/