August 2018: Writing Advice
~ Sloan McBride ~
QUESTION: What is the one piece of writing advice that has stuck with you and why? (Something other than ‘write what you know.’)
Sloan McBride said:
The best advice I can give to authors is write, write, write.
You have nothing if you don’t write it down on the page. It doesn’t matter if it’s jumbled, plot driven, character driven, or that it doesn’t have all the parts yet. Put the editor in the closet and write to your heart’s content. The editing and polishing comes much later. Your most important rule is to get the project completed.
Dangerous Heat, Book 1 in Men of Fire Trilogy
[Romantic Suspense ]
The onset of fire season should be the hottest thing about interviewing smokejumpers for Whitney Storm—until she sees Tom MacKenzie. He set her heart aflame ten years ago, then disappeared. As an emapth who doesn’t need emotional turmoil, this six-foot tall dark and dangerous memory has no place in her life.
As a smokejumper, Tom’s job keeps him face to face with danger and he thought he knew how to handle heat. But the uncontrolled burn whenever he’s near Whitney is hotter than he remembers. He’s ready to face the past and make amends. She’s made it clear she wants nothing to do with him.
A life-threatening problem flares when a killer’s greedy obsession threatens everything. Can Tom and Whitney learn to trust each other again and protect all that they hold dear, or will their world turn to ashes around them?
Available in Ebook:
– Kindle – https://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Heat-Fire-Trilogy-Book-ebook/dp/B00BMZNBAI/
– Nook – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dangerous-heat-sloan-mcbride/1114737047
– Kobo – https://www.kobo.com/ebook/dangerous-heat
– iBooks – https://geo.itunes.apple.com/book/dangerous-heat/id791075902
– Google – https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Sloan_McBride_DANGEROUS_HEAT?id=3n-PAgAAQBAJ
– Smashwords – https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/663599