Welcome to Authors Dish!
CTR is asking authors to dish about their writing habits and book secrets for your reading pleasure. Come to learn or come because you’re curious or both.
April 2019 Topic: Which Comes First
Which comes first when you start a new story? The title? The characters’ names? The plot? Explain your starting process and what you need before you can write the first words.
Authors Who Dished:
– Marie Dry
– Raisa Greywood
– Lynn Collins
– Helen Henderson
– Megan Slayer
– N.J. Walters
– S.N. McKibben
– Viviana MacKade
– Deirdre O’Dare
– Tricia Schneider
– Rebecca Heflin
– Ashlyn Mathews
– Elizabeth Coldwell
April’s topic provided by Ann Everett
Tell Me a Secret
[ New Adult Romance ]
Jace Sloan has it all. He’s smoking hot, a college football star with a storybook family, and he’s never met a woman he couldn’t charm. He’s also never met one who makes him want to be a better man…until he meets Maggie. Now, this self-proclaimed geek with wild red hair and the greenest eyes he’s ever seen has him thinking all kinds of crazy thoughts. Like settling down and being a one-woman man.
Maggie Fielding is anything but Jace’s type. For starters, her IQ is bigger than her chest size. But Jace is panty melting hot, and she’s having a hard time remembering that he’s bad news. If only she could stop telling him her secrets, because her answers to his questions just might have both of them falling in love for the first time.
Available in Ebook
Participate in Upcoming Authors Dish Topics
– May 2019: What is the strangest thing you’ve researched for a book? Tell us about the thing, the book it’s featured in, and your methods (i.e. search engines, interviews, Reddit testimonials, etc). https://goo.gl/forms/YPoPEMkugZIoZJek2 (Deadline 15 May 2019, posts go live 30 & 31 May)
– June 2019: What is something you wish you’d known when you first started writing? (Craft or career). https://forms.gle/NkzK9GDJDKBk4Br68 (Deadline 15 June 2019; posts go live 27 & 28 June)
Visit Past Authors Dish Topics
– March 2019: Keeper Shelf
– February 2019: Hardest Character
– January 2019: Facts in Fiction
– October 2018: Favorite Hero
– September 2018: Favorite Heroine
– August 2018: Writing Advice Day One and Day Two
– July 2018: Favorite Convention
– June 2018: Publishing Path Day One and Day Two
– May 2018: Debut Novel Inspiration Day One and Day Two
– April 2018: Preferred Writing Software
– March 2018: Dealing with Runaway Characters
Suggest an Authors Dish Topic
Do you have a topic or question you want to see featured on Authors Dish? We would love to hear from you: https://goo.gl/forms/zF6s3VIjdZdcKMNm1. Fill out the form and your topic could be the next question the authors dish about.