Okay, so it’s only been about a week and a half, but I’m determined, this is it…I’m going to get fit! Here are 13 reasons why:
1. While these are in no particular order, Iâ€™m not gonna lie, the number one reason I’m hitting the gym again is because my butt is getting big. Not giant â€œget outta her wayâ€ big, but big enough that my jeans remind me on a regular basis that they are too tight.
2. Iâ€™m a bit egotistical, I want to look good and being closer to 40 than 20 means I now have to work on that.
3. I donâ€™t feel good. I used to exercise all the time (I worked in a gym, I had too) and I know that I feel better when I exercise.
4. I love food. I canâ€™t say anything else about it. I just love food.
5. I need to set a good example for my kids. Both of my girls are active now, but they are young and I know that wears off as we age, so I want them to see exercise is important even for Mom.
6. Iâ€™m not pregnantâ€¦so why does my stomach look like itâ€™s storing a fetus?
7. I need a break. I am one of those people that habitually take on too much at one time, over extend myself and donâ€™t know when to quit. When Iâ€™m at the gym, I have to stop working, I canâ€™t lift weights and type at the same time, so I have to take a break.
8. Eye candy. Okay, so I havenâ€™t found any yet, but one of these days some hunk is going to walk in the door and Iâ€™ll spend an hour on the treadmill just watching him work himself into a good sweat.
9. Well, that made me feel guilty, so Iâ€™ll also add that I want to look sexy for my husband. Yup, I do. I was tiny when we got married and while I have no expectations of getting back to that pre-marriage weight, Iâ€™d at least like to get closer than I am now.
10. I have terrible insomnia. Physical activity helps me sleep.
11. I see these women dressed in cute running gear trotting along with their dogs all during the year. I bet my dogs would love to go for a run. Unfortunately, I canâ€™t make it half a block before I have to bend over and gasp desperately for oxygen. I donâ€™t need my dogs to judge me.
12. Speaking of judging me, I lack motivation on my own. I need to feel like other people are going to think Iâ€™m a terrible person if I donâ€™t push myself. I donâ€™t get that at home. At home, nobody cares if I donâ€™t push myself hard while doing my Sweatinâ€™ to the Oldies DVD.
13. Did I mention my butt is getting big?