Okay, so it’s only been about a week and a half, but I’m determined, this is it…I’m going to get fit! Here are 13 reasons why:
1. While these are in no particular order, I’m not gonna lie, the number one reason I’m hitting the gym again is because my butt is getting big. Not giant “get outta her way” big, but big enough that my jeans remind me on a regular basis that they are too tight.
2. I’m a bit egotistical, I want to look good and being closer to 40 than 20 means I now have to work on that.
3. I don’t feel good. I used to exercise all the time (I worked in a gym, I had too) and I know that I feel better when I exercise.
4. I love food. I can’t say anything else about it. I just love food.
5. I need to set a good example for my kids. Both of my girls are active now, but they are young and I know that wears off as we age, so I want them to see exercise is important even for Mom.
6. I’m not pregnant…so why does my stomach look like it’s storing a fetus?
7. I need a break. I am one of those people that habitually take on too much at one time, over extend myself and don’t know when to quit. When I’m at the gym, I have to stop working, I can’t lift weights and type at the same time, so I have to take a break.
8. Eye candy. Okay, so I haven’t found any yet, but one of these days some hunk is going to walk in the door and I’ll spend an hour on the treadmill just watching him work himself into a good sweat.
9. Well, that made me feel guilty, so I’ll also add that I want to look sexy for my husband. Yup, I do. I was tiny when we got married and while I have no expectations of getting back to that pre-marriage weight, I’d at least like to get closer than I am now.
10. I have terrible insomnia. Physical activity helps me sleep.
11. I see these women dressed in cute running gear trotting along with their dogs all during the year. I bet my dogs would love to go for a run. Unfortunately, I can’t make it half a block before I have to bend over and gasp desperately for oxygen. I don’t need my dogs to judge me.
12. Speaking of judging me, I lack motivation on my own. I need to feel like other people are going to think I’m a terrible person if I don’t push myself. I don’t get that at home. At home, nobody cares if I don’t push myself hard while doing my Sweatin’ to the Oldies DVD.
13. Did I mention my butt is getting big?