No, Willa Blair is not my real name.Â But Iâ€™ve had a lot of fun since I took on a nom de plume.Â Hereâ€™s my list:
1. I get to have a split personality without the padded cell and wrap-around jacket.
2. Itâ€™s way better than the nicknames I got saddled with in school.
3. Itâ€™s a fresh start – as Willa Blair, I can become anything I want.
4. When you google Willa Blair, you learn about her, not me.
5. Facebook fan page – fun with people I donâ€™t know.
6. It sounds Scottish.Â It is Scottish.
7. I can do things as Willa Blair that I would never do as myself.
8. It makes doing promo fun.Â Okay, maybe not so much.
9. Author alter ego.Â Say that three times, fast.
10. If someone doesn’t like the book, Willa Blair gets the blame.
11. I love the way it looks on Highland Healerâ€™s cover.
12. If I change genres, I can change pen names and personas, too (see #1)
13. It marks a new chapter in my life – as a bestselling published author!
HE NEEDS HER FOR HIS CLAN.Â
HE WANTS HER FOR HIMSELF.Â
CAN HE HAVE BOTH?Â
Toran LathanÂ never expected to become Laird, and never expected to meet a woman like Aileanna Shaw. Her healing ability is just what his people need, but Toran cannot resist her beauty. Â Yet will loving him destroy her ability to heal?Â
Aileanna ShawÂ has a healing touch – and a special talent she must keep secret. Â Stolen from her home by a marauding army, she’s kidnapped again by the Highland Laird she heals. Is she a prize of war, or the prize of his heart?
While Toran battles the invading lowland army, he also battles his desire for Aileanna. And Aileanna must decide if she can trust her secrets to this fierce warrior who needs her talent, but wants her love.Â
Willa Blair is the best-selling, award-winning author of Highland Healer, her debut novel and the first in a series set in the 16th century Highlands, when the old ways and old talents still shaped events. Â She always wished she had several psi talents, such as reading her husband’s mind, cleaning house by simply thinking about it, and flying.Â But alas, no.Â So she endows her characters with special talents and lives vicariously through them.Â She loves reading and writing romance novels set in the past, present and future.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in othersâ€™ comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!