In celebration of my new Ellora's Cave release, Claimed by the Spymaster, I'm indulging in some spy movies and television shows. I've always loved spies…James Bond is probably the best known spy in pop-culture, but he's certainly not the only one. Here are my top thirteen pop-culture spies.
1. James Bond – Daniel Craig's film portrayal is my favorite, but Roger Moore's sense of humor was fantastic. Of course, we can't forget James Bond was a literary character before he was a movie star.
2. Austin Powers – Yeah, Baby!
3. Emma Peel – The slick English spy was a female trendsetter.
4. John Steed – Mrs. Peel, we're needed. Love the classic car and funky bowler hat.
5. Jason Bourne – a great literary and cinematic character.
6. Derek Flint – A classic 60's spy…clearly an inspiration for Austin Powers.
7. Ethan Hunt – The Mission Impossible spy is daring and hot.
8. Simon Templar – Before Roger Moore was James Bond, he was the Saint.
9. Maxwell Smart – Do you get the feeling that I love quirky 60s tv shows?
10. James West – Wild Wild West's Secret Service Agent was James Bond's post-Civil War American counterpart.
11. Sydney Bristow – Alias' ace spy
12. Agent 99 – Did Maxwell Smart's colleague have a name?
13. Jack Burns – Meet the Parents' patriarch and retired spy…talk about the father-in-law of your nightmares.
There you have it…my top thirteen pop-culture spies. Which spies would you add to this list? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment here and stop by my blog, www.tarakingstonromance.blogspot.com. There's an easy, peasy contest…check it out.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants http://coffeetimeromance.com/CoffeeThoughts/?p=10281