The holidays are here. And while this is a joyous time of year, it’s also filled with stress due to the unrealistic expectations we put on ourselves to create the perfect celebration.
Here are five simple tips to help you get through the season with your sanity intact.
- Be realistic. You can’t do it all and trying to just leaves you frazzled. Pick a few traditions that are important to you and your family and shoot for those. You and your family will enjoy the holidays more if you’re not all stressed.
- Learn to say no. You don’t have to accept every invitation or fulfill everyone’s expectations. Say yes to the things you really want to do and politely decline the rest. Some nights you just want to put on your pajamas, pour up a drink, and check out a movie or show from the comfort of your own home.
- Delegate. Put your spouse or significant other and kids to work. They can pitch in with the preparations. Let go of how you would do something and let them do it their way. Maybe don’t put them in charge of making your mother’s special dessert recipe, but they can clean and shop. Just give them a detailed list and let them go. They can also decorate out and help in the kitchen. Too many times we’re perfectionists and hold on to control instead of just letting go.
- Take some alone time. Whether it’s five minutes before everyone else wakes in the morning or a solo walk around the neighborhood after supper to enjoy the festive lights. It’s important to be able to stop and take a breath, maybe work in a little exercise while you’re at it.
- Find some non-holiday activity that reduces stress. Listen to music. Work out. Take a walk. When I’m stressed I read. You might not have much time, but even fifteen or twenty minutes can get you back on an even keel.
And if you’re looking for a little something for yourself, pre-order Naughty Heroes now for only 99-cents. Price will go up soon after release.
NAUGHTY HEROES: In And Out Of Uniform
A collection of UNFORGETTABLE HEROES
MARINE ON A MISSION
When Mitch McCoy left rural Kentucky to join the U.S. Marines he never thought he’d return. Now he’s undercover with a state drug task force. He’s not only facing his past, but also Sara Hawkins, the woman who broke his heart. This investigation will risk their lives and their hearts.
From first sight I knew Marine Lieutenant Harlie Savage wasn’t fragile like a flower—she was fragile like a bomb. Definitely not some princess who needed to be saved, either. She was a queen who only lacked a sword, and I vowed to be her weapon.
HER SOLDIER OF FORTUNE
Leia has no idea who ex-Marine Major Tate McIntyre is when he saves her life in a dark alley. Yet Tate’s certain Leia is his to have, hold, and protect. He vows to keep her safe at any cost. His only price is her heart. Semper Fi!
THE NIGHT WATCHMAN
A disabled vet rescues a woman on a mission to collect evidence, saving her from the men chasing her. As Jace and Shannon race to survive and outwit a traitor, a deep connection grows between them. But staying alive long enough to explore the attraction will take everything they’ve got.
Luke is struggling to recover from a career shattering IED blast that sees him permanently discharged. Milly’s career self-destructed and she’s moved cities in the hopes of starting again. Can this new life and new relationship be a second chance for them both?
N.J. Walters is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who has always been a voracious reader, and now she spends her days writing novels of her own. Vampires, werewolves, dragons, time-travelers, seductive handymen, and next-door neighbors with smoldering good looks—all vie for her attention. It’s a tough life, but someone’s got to live it.
Visit me at:
Newsletter Sign Up: http://eepurl.com/gdblg5
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/N.J.WaltersAuthor